Monday, August 6, 2012

Osier Bed - Do You Think I'm Spooky (2012)/ I'm ok. - Fuck Everything (2012)

Double post! These two releases are both emo EPs from my home state, CT. Unlike many of the bands I see around, these are not simply friendrock for me (that being a band you support simply because you like to support the members as their your friends).

The first is the second release from Osier Bed, a band which I upped to FC a while back. They've developed their sound a bit on this one, with more 90s emo influence, and better recording quality than the last release. Riffs on this is fucking awesome. You can download this for what you want here:
http://osierbed.bandcamp.com/

I'm Ok is up next. Very noodley guitar, yelling, songs about quitting your shitty job at the grocery store, what more could you want? If you follow contemporary emo at all (I realize this is a shot in the dark), this band includes members of The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die, a more post-rock/twinkly/pop brand of this CT sound. Get their EP here: http://imok.bandcamp.com/




Until next time.

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment