Friday, July 22, 2011

Fool's Gold - S/T (2009)

I can't believe I haven't got round to posting about Fool's Gold on here before as I've basically been living their debut album for months and banging it out at any opportunity. I most recently dropped the track Surprise Hotel in The Windmill in Brixton when they were looking for some tunes between bands; awesome to play it over a big soundsystem! I also rocked Orchestre Poly-Rhythmo de Cotonou which was ace!

Difficult to describe but I'd probably say something along the lines of addictive up-tempo afro-licked world-pop. The tunes have such a great flow, with beautiful african-infused guitar work, complimented by the soft toned harmonies of Luke Top (bassist/vocalist) and Lewis Pesacov (lead guitar). Pesacov also throws in some gorgeous and sometimes hectic sax which really blends the vibe into something quite unique.

Enough of this; listen to the first track on their self-titled album - Surprise Hotel - and then do so OBSESSIVELY. (video is ridiculous though)



I can't condone stealing this album, but some people like that kind of thing.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment