Friday, November 16, 2012

Ramones - Pet Sematary (1989)

While I was making dinner last night I spun myself an eclectic punk & post-punk mix. I tried to trace a line from early progenitors of thrashy and punky guitar riffs, through classic punk anthems to post-punk and electro madness. Included everything from The Clash to The Fall, to Joy Division, Devo, Talking Heads, and ended up with a load of the melodic hardcore punk I listened to when I was growing up like Propagandhi, Strike Anywhere & Faded Grey. 

Anyway. Somewhere in the mix I listened to a tune I hadn't heard in years and I just love it: Pet Sematary by The Ramones. While it's got quite an 80s poppy - almost Billy Idol-ish - quality to it, it's just an awesome song. (I also love a lot of Billy Idol btw - but in a bit of a lol way)  

The main hook is just a classic.


-L

No comments:

Post a Comment